Paradice Avondale, Auckland
3 & 4 June 2018
- Times for this tournament have changed from past years. It will run on Sunday 3 June (evening) and Monday 4 June (morning and evening), Queen's Birthday Weekend.
All players are requested to assist with ice setup from 7:00 pm on Sunday, and the first round will start as soon as the ice is ready.
Setup for Monday afternoon's final session will start at 4:45 pm.
- You may enter a full team, part team or as an individual. If you enter a part team or as an individual we will try to make up full teams on your behalf but cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.
- The entry fee will be $360 per team ($90 per player). You will receive an invoice after you have submitted your entry and (if you enter as an individual) your team is confirmed.
- Player eligibility and playing conditions are as set down in the New Zealand Curling Association Inc Competitions Procedures Manual and the WCF Rules of Curling. To be eligible to enter, these essentially say that you must be a current or life member of a NZ curling club, a life member of the NZCA, or you must pay a tournament levy to NZCA as well as your tournament entry fee.
- Click here for entry form
Draw and Results
Sunday 3 June
- 7:15 pm : Ice prep and setup. Play will start as soon as the ice is ready; 2 rounds to finish approximately 11:15 pm
Draw 1 – 7:45 pm approx
Draw 2 – 9:45 pm
Monday 4 June
- Morning : likely start time is 7:30 - 8:00 am, 2 rounds of games to finish by 12 noon
Draw 3 – 7:30 am approx
Breakfast – 9:15 am approx
Draw 4 – 9:45 am approx
- Evening : Ice prep and setup will start at 4:45 pm. The finals round will start as soon as the ice is ready
Finals – 5:00 pm approx
Teams are 2 males and 2 females, playing alternately (i.e. M-F-M-F or F-M-F-M). You may change from one configuration to the other and/or change playing order between games.
If a team is forced to continue playing with only three players they must continue to play alternately (M-F-M or F-M-F).
The Skip and Vice-Skip can be anyone in the team, but they must be from opposite genders. Refer to WCF Rules of Curling.
- Playing schedule will be confirmed after entries close
- Meals and Breaks
We hope to have at least a 10-15 minute break between games on Sunday evening. Teams must provide their own snacks, drinks etc.
A light breakfast will be provided between the games on Monday morning.
- Brush Regulations
WCF brush regulations are not mandatory for this tournament, but curlers with a good chance for a medal or who aspire to NZ selection are strongly urged to comply with the WCF rules.