Dunedin Ice Stadium
16 - 18 September 2016
Men | Women
|1||(5‑0)||Dan Mustapic, Hans Frauenlob, Lorne DePape, Iain Craig|
|2||(4-2)||Dave Watt, Charlie McLeod, Ash Beattie, Richard van der Lem|
|3||(2-3)||Peter Becker, Richard Morgan, Nelson Ede, John Sanders|
|4||(1-3)||Victor Sue-Tang, Ian Ford, Peter Taylor, Bruce Kissell|
|5||(0-4)||James Hazlett, Rob Potter, Ewan Kirk, Eric Swinbourn|
|Fri 16 Sep
|Sat 17 Sep
|Sun 18 Sep
|1:00||pm, Draw 1|
Hammer awarded incorrectly in game on sheet B
|4:30||pm, Draw 2|
|9:30||am, Draw 3|
|1:00||pm, Draw 4|
|4:30||pm, Draw 5|
|Men's Bronze Medal||RR2 v RR3|
|Winner qualifies for final, loser wins bronze medal|
|Men's Gold Medal|
- The tournament is to be played under the WCF ‘Rules of Curling’, except as may be modified below.
- The tournament format will be a single round robin involving all five teams. The top qualifying Men’s team will progress straight to the Gold Medal game. The 2nd and 3rd qualifying Men’s teams will play off for the Bronze Medal, with the winner then contesting the Gold and Silver medals with the top qualifier. The top qualifying team will have hammer and first practice for the Gold/Silver medal game.
- Round robin games are to be of 8 ends duration with an extra end to be played if scores are equal after 8 ends. A four minute break shall be taken after four ends.
- Each team shall have a 6 minute practice prior to the commencement of each game. Order of practice and stone colour shall be determined by coin toss.
- At the end of each practice the respective team shall throw a single DSD stone, with sweepers, for the purpose of allocating ‘hammer’ for that game. The DSD may also be used for ranking purposes, if required.
- On completion of the round robin games the men’s teams shall be ranked on their win/loss records. If any two teams have the same number of wins the team that won the round robin game between those two teams shall be ranked higher. If teams still cannot be separated on the win/loss record they shall be further ranked on the basis of the total distance for their best three draw shot distances from the round robin games.
- Sheets for the Men’s medal games will be allocated following the completion of the previous round of play.
- Any team commencing the competition with four players will be permitted to continue to compete if one of those players is forced to retire from the competition due to injury or illness and a suitable substitute is not available. The Chief Umpire shall be advised of any such retirement.
- If necessary a team briefing for all players competing in the first round will be held at 12.30pm on Friday. If required a separate briefing will be held for Team 5 at 4.00pm.
- Payment of a $200 deposit is required in conjunction with submission of your entry below.
- Payment of the entry deposit should be made by direct deposit to the NZCA account at Westpac, Ranfurly, No 03 0951 0014416 00.
Please identify the tournament "NZ Seniors" and your name.
- The final tournament entry fee will be confirmed once the number of competing teams has been established and ice hire charges confirmed.
- The format for the draw will be finalised and notified to competitors following the receipt of all entries for the competition (complete with entry deposit) received by the due date.
- Player eligibility and playing conditions are as set down in the New Zealand Curling Association Inc Competitions Procedures Manual and the WCF Rules of Curling. Players must be aged 50 or over as at 30 June 2016.
- Entries have closed.