Welcome to the New Zealand Curling Association's website! The NZCA is the national governing body for the Winter Olympic sport of curling in New Zealand. If you're new to curling, or new to this site, then please read on to get started.
Curling is based around a very simple idea – slide your stones along the ice and get them closer to the target than your opponent's. This section will get you started...
- What curling is all about – the basics.
- The place to learn though is on the ice, so where in NZ can you try curling?
- Our sport is co-ordinated by the NZ Curling Association – find out more about the NZCA.
- Curling's history in New Zealand started with immigrants from Scotland in the 1870s.
- Every sport has its unique terminology – this glossary of curling terms should explain them