|Team Stonehenge, 2018 Auckland Champions. Photo Earl Irving|
17 Oct 2018 – The Stonehenge team of Garion Long, Benjamin Frew, Kieran Grieve and Rebecca Treacy are the 2018 Auckland Curling champions after a 9-2 win over last year's winners, Cleansweep, in last Sunday's Premier League final.
The side also won the Auckland's Round Robin trophy and the Big End award.
In the semi-finals a week earlier, Chelsea Farley's Cleansweep had beaten Iain Craig's Rockers, while Stonehenge headed off the fast-improving Penguins skipped by Sasha Golborodko.
Rockers and Penguins shared third place after honours were even at 5-5 in their playoff.
Hacked Off beat Net Hackers 7-5 in the B Division final, Rock Slide stole the last end of the C Division final to beat Rockbreakers 5-3, and the D Division title was shared when Plan B and Housecrashers shook hands at 6-6 and decided not to play an extra end.
Auckland Curling's prizegiving and annual awards followed the final games.
- Spirit of Curling award: Benjamin Frew, Sasha Goloborodko and Earl Irving
- Coaches of the Year: Benjamin Frew and Pauline Farra
- Development and Promotion: Lorne DePape and Ian Ford
- Above and Beyond: Peter Taylor, ice grooming for NZ Mixed and North Island SS Championships
- Team of the Year: Penguins
- Most Improved Curlers: Logan Barclay, Ken Clasper, Jennifer Jack, Arisa Parr-Whalley, Rebecca Treacy
- Rookies of the Year: Nikita Derevianko and Sasha Goloborodko
- Big End award: Stonehenge, 7 points
- Round Robin Winners: Stonehenge
- NZ Mixed Bronze NZ Mixed Bronze
- NZ Mixed Silver NZ Mixed Silver
- Round Robin, Big End Round Robin, Big End
- D Division winners D Division winners
- C Division winners C Division winners
- B Division winners B Division winners
- A Division runners up A Division runners up
- A Division winners A Division winners
- Rookies of the Year Rookies of the Year
- Most Improved Most Improved
- Coaches of the Year Coaches of the Year
- Spirit of Curling Spirit of Curling