|2017 Auckland Champions Cleansweep. Photo Beth Gibbs|
27 Sep 2017 – Cleansweep made it back-to-back titles, and 3 in the last 4 years when they beat Rockers in Auckland Curling's 2017 Premier League final last Sunday.
In the semi-finals a fortnight earlier, Cleansweep had beaten John Allen's Diamonds while Rockers headed round robin winners Stonehenge, skipped by Garion Long.
A succession of single point ends in this week's final was broken with a 3 in the sixth end to Rockers. But Cleansweep (Chelsea Farley, Ryan Lewis, Tessa Farley, Kate Smirnova, Lisa Wu and Marie Tsai) then replied with a decisive 5-pointer, and went on to steal the last to win 9-5.
Stonehenge won the third place playoff 6-3 ahead of Diamonds
Brock Jaeb's 5enders beat Thistles in the B Division final 6-2, Ian Ford's Winging It scored 2 in the last end of the C Division decider to beat Rock Slide 5-4, and the Spare Parts took the D Division 9-6 ahead of Plan B.
Auckland Curling's prizegiving and annual awards followed the final games.
- the Spirit of Curling award to Holly Gosse
- the Big End award to 5enders, who scored the first 6-point end of the year
- the Round Robin Winner's trophy to Stonehenge - Garion Long, Ben Frew, Kieran Grieve and Keith Bond
- D Division winners D Division winners
- C Division winners C Division winners
- B Division winners B Division winners
- Club Champions Club Champions