|2016 Auckland Club Champions Cleansweep. Photo Beth Gibbs|
5 Oct 2016 – Auckland Curling's 2016 Championship finals went down to the final stone last weekend, when Cleansweep stole the last two ends to beat defending champions Stonehenge 6-5.
Garion Long's Stonehenge led 5-2 after five ends of the "A" Division final before Cleansweep came back into the game. Chelsea Farley, Jonah Tan, Ryan Lewis and spare Matt Hohaia (in the absence of Tessa Farley and Eleanor Adviento) took one in the sixth and then stole another couple to tie the scores coming home.
Cleansweep played a textbook final end without hammer, controlling the path to their shot stone and forcing the error when Stonehenge's last stone clipped one of the two guards as they attempted the tap-back for shot.
Liz Matthews' Thistles won the B Division final 6-3 over Rock Slide, Robert Giles and his Team 11 scored in the last three ends of their C Division decider to beat Smirnoff Ice 5-3, and Ian Ford's Winging It edged Team 14 for the D Division title 7-6.
Auckland Curling's prizegiving and annual awards followed the final games.
- the Under-21 shield to Jonah Tan, Rory Hammond, Anna de Boer and Joelle Burt
- the Big End award to Cleansweep, who scored the first 6-point end of the year
- the Round Robin Winner's trophy to Sheets and Giggles - Brett Sargon, Kieran Ford, Holy Gosse and Eloise Pointon
- Final action Final action
- U21 winners U21 winners
- Big End Award Big End Award
- "D" Champions "D" Champions
- "C" Champions "C" Champions
- "B" Champions "B" Champions
- "A" Runners-Up "A" Runners-Up
- "A" Champions "A" Champions
- Most Improved Most Improved
- Most Improved Team Most Improved Team
- Development and Promotion Development and Promotion
- Coaches of the Year Coaches of the Year
- Spirit of Curling Cup Spirit of Curling Cup