Paradice Avondale, Auckland
2 & 3 June 2019
Teams are 2 males and 2 females, playing alternately (i.e. M-F-M-F or F-M-F-M). You may change from one configuration to the other and/or change playing order between games.
If a team plays with only three players they must play alternately (M-F-M or F-M-F).
The Skip and Vice-Skip can be anyone in the team, but they must be from opposite genders. Refer to WCF Rules of Curling.
All pool games will be 6 ends, semis and final 8 ends.
- Practice, Draw Shot and Measures
Teams will have a 5 minute practice before games; teams will toss a coin for practice order and stone colour.
At the end of practice, teams will throw 2 draw shots to determine hammer; the first stone with clockwise rotation and the second anti-clockwise. All players will throw at least one LSD.
Teams tied on points after pool games will be ranked by Average DSD after the worst individual result is discarded.
Draw shot and in-game measures will be measured from the cross in the centre of the house.
- Meals and Breaks
We hope to have at least a 10-15 minute break between games on Sunday evening. Teams must provide their own snacks, drinks etc.
A light breakfast will be provided between the games on Monday morning.
- Brush Regulations
WCF brush regulations are not mandatory for this tournament, but curlers with a good chance for a medal or who aspire to NZ selection are strongly urged to comply with the WCF rules.
- The tournament will run on Sunday 3 June (evening) and Monday 3 June (morning), Queen's Birthday Weekend.
- All players are requested to assist with ice setup from 4:15 pm on Sunday, and the first round will start as soon as the ice is ready.
- You may enter a full team, part team or as an individual. If you enter a part team or as an individual we will try to make up full teams on your behalf but cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.
- The entry fee will be $360 per team ($90 per player). You will receive an invoice after you have submitted your entry and (if you enter as an individual) your team is confirmed. Click here for entry form – entries close 27 May.
- Player eligibility and playing conditions are as set down in the New Zealand Curling Association Inc Competitions Procedures Manual and the WCF Rules of Curling. To be eligible to enter, these essentially say that you must be a current or life member of a NZ curling club, a life member of the NZCA, or you must pay a tournament levy to NZCA as well as your tournament entry fee.